Index Introduction Classes Newsnotes1. Contact us Holiday
DEWSBURY AND DISTRICT THIRD AGE
The organisation was formed in 1985 to give over 50’s an opportunity to take up new interests and to meet people. We provide a wide choice of subjects in informal daytime classes. All our classes are friendly and relaxed.
We are a registered charity and are not funded by any other organisation. Our thanks are due, however, to Kirklees Cultural Services, Libraries, various other venues and the “Reporter” group for their help and support.
All activities are carried out at members’ own risk.
All our helpers are voluntary, including tutors, on whom we are totally dependent. We offer our grateful thanks to all of them.
Would you like to be a Tutor/Leader? There are no qualifications required. You only need a love of your subject and a wish to help others lead a fuller life.
Term Dates (normally 10 weeks)
Autumn: Monday 2nd October to Friday 8th December 2017
Winter: Monday 8th January to Friday 16th March 2018
A few classes also arrange to meet during the summer.
Registration as a Member (£5 per annum) and Enrolment for Classes
(£12 per term, per class)
Please attend any of the following. To avoid delays at the first class, where possible, please register and enrol beforehand.
1. Dewsbury Library Help Desk Wednesdays 1 – 2.30 p.m. 6th to 27th September 2017.
2. Birstall Library Wednesday, 13th September 10 – 12.
3. Mirfield Library Thursday, 14th September 10 – 12.
4. Batley Library Friday, 15th September 10 – 12.
5. Mirfield Library Saturday, 16th September 11 – 1.
6. The relevant venue, on the first day of the class in October and January, provided that the class is not fully subscribed